Your menstrual cycle is a normal process for your body. Each woman experiences her menstrual cycle differently, most without any difficulties.
There are many reasons you might need to see your doctor about your periods, including:
- changes in the pattern of your periods
- increasingly heavy periods
- long periods of more than eight days
- periods that come fewer than three weeks apart
- periods coming more than two to three months apart
- painful periods that cause you to stay home
- bleeding between periods
- bleeding after intercourse.
If there is any change in your cycle that worries you, see your doctor.